UCLA men’s soccer names Nick Carlin-Voigt as new assistant coach

Nick Carlin-Voigt has been named the new assistant coach for the UCLA men’s soccer team.

Carlin-Voigt, who spent the past five seasons as an assistant coach at George Mason University, has quickly built a reputation as a talented recruiter.

The announcement comes about 10 weeks after assistant coach Kenny Arena left the program to accept the head coaching job at Florida International on March 2.

As recruiting coordinator at George Mason, Carlin-Voigt put together three consecutive classes ranked in the top 40 by College Soccer News from 2008 to 2010.

“Nick (Carlin-Voigt) has invaluable knowledge of various facets of the game, but most importantly, he has a strong desire to help our guys improve every day,” coach Jorge Salcedo said in a statement.

Previously, Carlin-Voigt was an assistant with the women’s soccer team at Wisconsin. He started his coaching career at his alma mater, Kalamazoo College.

A four-year starting goalkeeper for the Hornets, Carlin-Voigt was a two-time team captain and holds the Kalamazoo record for fewest goals allowed in a season.

“I look forward to continuing to build a championship program the community, alumni and entire UCLA family will be proud of both on and off the field,” Carlin-Voigt said.

Compiled by Mansi Sheth, Bruin Sports senior staff.