Tuesday, May 14

USAC Recap – May 7

The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government of UCLA’s undergraduate students. Council meetings are Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students.

Agenda

• The weekly contingency allocations were approved.
  • The council unanimously approved changes to the Student Organization Operational Funds guidelines removing the cap placed on money allocated to groups for T-shirts.
  • The council approved the Student Organization Operational Funds budget assumptions and instructions changes with a vote of 11-0-1. The change decreased stipend titles and pay rates, removing the monthly and quarterly payment to help encourage efficiency.
  • The council unanimously approved a change to its bylaws stating that the Student Leadership Fund will be transferred to the council from UCLA Development and will not exceed $50,000.

Officer Reports

• Carly Yoshida, a general representative, said a farmer’s market is planned for Wednesday from 2-6 p.m.
  • Michael Starr, a general representative, said Bruins Night Out is planned for next week, where students can watch Monsters University will be showing for UCLA students at the Bruin Theater.

Compiled by Kristen Taketa, Bruin reporter.