The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a livestream of the meetings on the USAC Live! channel on YouTube, which can be accessed with a ucla.edu account.
- Salih Muhammad, a statewide organizing director of the University of California Student Association, described UCSA’s ongoing campaigns, which address issues of racial justice, UC funding, undocumented student protections and voter engagement.
- The council discussed formulating a response to Emily Lewis, president of the UCLA Panhellenic Association, who responded to the council’s resolution of condemning sexual violence and harassment in campus Greek life by saying sexual violence is not a problem exclusive to Greek life. The council also discussed inviting the Interfraternity Council president and Lewis to give a special presentation at a future meeting.
- The council allocated a total of $5,376 from the contingency programming fund to non-USAC groups.
- The council appointed Devrat Shah, a fourth-year microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics student, as a member of the USAC Community Service Mini-Fund Committee.
- External Vice President Jamie Kennerk said her office registered around 350 students to vote and around 850 student pledges to vote for National Voter Registration Day. She added BruinsVote! secured an official website.
- Campus Events Commissioner Alley Madison said her office co-hosted Bruin Bash on Monday. She added her office co-hosted the Enormous Activities Fair on Tuesday. She also added her office will host a sneak peek of “A Star is Born” on Oct. 2. in Ackerman Grand Ballroom.
- Cultural Affairs Commissioner Sarena Khasawneh said her office co-hosted Bruin Bash on Monday. She added her office co-hosted the on Enormous Activities Fair Tuesday.
- Internal Vice President Robert Blake Watson said his office is reviving the Campus Safety Alliance after years of inactivity. The CSA is a committee that deals with safety and infrastructure concerns on campus.
- Financial Supports Commissioner Jay Manzano said his office is looking to expand its lab coat lending program, as it currently only has roughly 10 lab coats available for lease.
- Student Wellness Commissioner George Louis Faour said his office’s Bruin Consent Coalition will debut “Love Shouldn’t Be Scary,” a gallery about communicative relationships, in Kerckhoff during week 1.