Friday, March 29

Out of Bounds: The Revival

Out of Bounds is the Daily Bruin’s newly revived sports podcast. On this week’s show, Sports editor Sam Connon and former Sports editor Ryan Smith discuss the struggles of UCLA men’s basketball, as well as the recent changes to the football team, before taking a look at what the future holds for the Bruins in baseball and other winter sports.

Alumnus

Connon joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2017 and contributed until he graduated in 2021. He was the Sports editor for the 2019-2020 academic year, an assistant Sports editor for the 2018-2019 academic year and spent time on the football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, men's soccer, cross country, men's golf and women's golf beats, while also contributing movie reviews for Arts & Entertainment.

Alumnus

Smith joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2016 and contributed until he graduated in 2020. He was the Sports editor for the 2018-2019 academic year, an assistant Sports editor for the 2017-2018 academic year and spent time on the football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's water polo, baseball, men's golf and women's golf beats.