The Undergraduate Students Association Council allocated more than $700 to student groups. The council also appointed new members to the Academic Senate, the Community Service Mini Fund, the Campus Sustainability Committee, and the John Wooden Center Board of Governors.
- The council allocated $520 to the Data Science Union at UCLA, a student organization that offers courses, projects and professional opportunities to students interested in data science.
- The council allocated $180 to Artreach at UCLA, a community service organization that provides marginalized communities opportunities and resources to create art.
- The council allocated $33.98 to the American Cancer Society on Campus, a student organization that plans Relay for Life at UCLA, a charity run that raises money for cancer awareness and research.
- The council appointed Clarissa Arjona, a second-year history student, to the Academic Senate Legislative Assembly.
- The council appointed Kate McInerny, a third-year public affairs student, to the Academic Senate Undergraduate Council.
- The council appointed Carlos Herrera, a fourth-year biology student, as the Community Service Mini Fund Chair.
- The council appointed Grace Leary, a second-year political science student, to the Campus Sustainability Committee.
- The council appointed Kaitlin Reymond, a third-year psychology student, to the John Wooden Center Board of Governors.
President Naomi Riley
- President Naomi Riley said she met with the Education Work Group at the COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force, a group of students and faculty tasked with answering questions about resuming campus operations, to discuss the safety of in-person labs.
- Riley added that she will send a campus-wide email with USAC internship applications and other news about the student government.
Internal Vice President Emily Luong
- Internal Vice President Emily Luong said the Campus Safety Alliance will meet to discuss COVID-19 guidelines for campus and the Westwood area within the first two weeks of the quarter.
The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government that represents the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. and is open to all students. Fall quarter meetings will take place virtually on Zoom. The link to the meetings can be found on the internal vice president’s Facebook page. Livestreams of the meetings are also available on the USAC Live! channel on YouTube.