UC campuses plan for return to in-person instruction by fall 2021

The 10 UC campuses are planning on a return to in-person instruction by fall quarter, citing the availability of COVID-19 vaccines to students, staff and faculty. (Daily Bruin file photo)

This post was updated Jan. 18 at 6:27 p.m.

UCLA may be back next fall.

UCLA, along with the nine other University of California campuses, is planning to return to in-person instruction by fall, the UC Office of the President announced in a press release Monday.

The availability of COVID-19 vaccines for UC students, staff and faculty will allow campuses to return to in-person operations, according to the press release. Individual campuses will announce their own plans for the fall based on local and state public health guidelines.

“As the University continues to monitor the evolution of the pandemic, we are also carefully planning a safe return to in-person classes,” said UC President Michael Drake in the press release. “Current forecasts give us hope that in the fall our students can enjoy a more normal on-campus experience.”

UCLA also announced Monday that it plans to remain mostly remote in spring quarter, marking the fourth consecutive academic quarter UCLA has remained mostly remote as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Follow all of our coronavirus coverage here