UCPD investigates 3 suspects reportedly involved in on-campus strong arm robbery

University police are looking for three suspects reportedly involved in an on-campus strong arm robbery Monday afternoon.

The incident took place at De Neve Plaza around 1:30 p.m., according to a UCPD crime alert sent Monday.

The victim is a UCLA student, according to the alert.

The first suspect reportedly arranged to make a purchase from the victim. When they met, the suspect reportedly punched and then stole the victim’s property. As the victim attempted to recover his property, a second suspect confronted him, according to the crime alert. A third suspect drove the first two suspects away from the scene as they fled, the crime alert added.  

UCPD described the first suspect as a Black man around 5-foot-9 with a slim build in his late teens or early 20s. He was described as having brown eyes and an Afro hairstyle and wearing a blue sweater and gray sweatpants.

UCPD described the second suspect as a man with dark skin, black hair, brown eyes and wearing a black sweater.

UCPD did not provide a detailed description for the third suspect other than that he was a man.

Minor injuries were reported.

One vehicle was reported to be related to the incident, a 2009 four-door teal Saturn Aura with California license plate number 8EGX642.

This case is currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

News senior staff

Jung is a senior staff reporter and a photographer for the Bruin. He was a 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the campus politics and city and crime beats. Jung was also the 2020-2021 assistant Enterprise editor. Jung is a fourth-year global studies student.