University announces new GPA requirement for Dean’s Honors

Murphy Hall is pictured. UCLA increased the grade-point average needed to make the Dean’s Honors List to 3.915. (Daily Bruin file photo)

Students will now need to receive at least a 3.915 grade-point average to earn Dean’s Honors for a quarter, the university announced Friday.

The GPA criteria for Dean’s Honors is subject to change every academic year, according to the UCLA Catalog website. The GPA requirement for the 2022-2023 academic year was 3.75.

Students must also take a minimum of 12 letter-graded units in a quarter to qualify for Dean’s Honors, the website said. If a student receives an Incomplete or Not Passed grade, they are not eligible for Dean’s Honors, the website added.

Students do not need to take any steps to ensure the honor is recorded on their transcript after they fulfill the requirements.

“Dean’s Honors are automatically recorded on the transcript for the appropriate term,” the UCLA Catalog website said.

Campus politics editor

Kaiser is the 2022-2023 campus politics editor. She was previously a News reporter and Opinion columnist. She is also a third-year communication and political science student.

×