Friday, May 3

UCLA updates COVID guidelines, scales back test collection across campus

(Michael Vigman/Daily Bruin) A COVID-19 test vending machine is pictured. UCLA will discontinue multiple vending machine and collection box locations on April 14.

UCLA will update its COVID-19 protocols and discontinue multiple testing distribution and vending machine locations, the university announced in a campuswide email Wednesday.

The changes align with the new Los Angeles County Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines released in March. Negative COVID-19 tests are no longer required to end isolation if an individual has been fever-free for 24 hours with improved symptoms, according to the announcement. Those in close contact are also no longer required to wear a mask post-exposure for ten days, the announcement said, adding that the university will continue to require masks in patient care and waiting areas.

The university will also discontinue its COVID-19 test vending machines located at Switzer Plaza, the Law Library, Melnitz Hall, Murphy Hall and the Health Sciences store courtyard. Additionally, UCLA announced they will discontinue test kit collection boxes located at Sproul Hall, Hedrick Hall, Melnitz Hall, Anderson Courtyard, the Law Library, Murphy Hall, the facilities building, the Health Sciences store courtyard and Weyburn Commons.

The specified vending machine and collection box locations will be discontinued on April 14. All other locations will remain in use.

Campus politics editor

Kaiser is the 2022-2023 campus politics editor. She was previously a News reporter and Opinion columnist. She is also a third-year communication and political science student.

×